As I started researching pet friendly activities, restaurants, and areas on 30A, I quickly realized that I should be researching places that are “not” pet friendly because there are more that “are” than “not”. That’s great news for everyone travelling with your pet to 30A. For me, I like to start with bad news and then end with positive information. So, if you’re planning on bringing your fur babies with you on your next trip to 30A, keep this in mind…
All dogs are prohibited from public beaches of Walton County except as provided below:
1) Dogs assisting those who are sight and hearing impaired or service animals; or, 2) Dogs owned by Walton County real property owners or permanent residents who have obtained a permit and who maintain the animal on a leash.
I know, this is disappointing especially if you had visions of creating Reels, Tik Toks and videos of your doggo frolicking on the water’s edge, surfing or just being stinkin’ cute during your epic vacation to 30A.
On to the good news!
Well, that’s it for the bad news. Now on to the good news. Your pooch is welcome at all state parks along 30A, while on a leash: Camp Helen, Grayton Beach State Park, Topsail State Hill Preserve Park, Eden Gardens State Park and Point Washington State Forest. There are miles of trails that you and your pet can enjoy while taking in the rare beauty of the coastal dune lakes and wildlife surrounding them. But if you don’t want to go off the beaten path then you’re in luck, the Timpoochee Trail runs parallel to 30A and its 18 miles long. Grab your pup and leash and head out to grab your morning coffee and croissant.
Like I said, there are more restaurants than I could list that are considered pet friendly. From Inlet to Dune Allen, many restaurants allow dogs and their owners to enjoy a meal together in the outdoor dining areas. Some even have water bowls and treats available for your canine companions. I suggest you look up the restaurant you are planning on dinning at to make sure your fur baby is welcome. But here is a brief list:
- An outdoor shopping and dining venue with many pet friendly places, Amici’s 30A, Amigos 30A, and many more. 12805 US HWY 98 EAST, thirtyavenue.com
- Shades Bar & Grill, 10952 E County Hwy 30A, shades30a.com
- Paradis, 82 S Barrett Square, restaurantparadis.com
- Cowgirl Kitchen – Outside patio seating with bowls of watercowgirlkitchen.com 54 Main St,
- La Crema, 38 Main St, http://www.lacrematapas.com
- Amavida Coffee, 104 N Barrett Square, amavida.com
- Summer Kitchen Café, 78 Main St, thesummerkitchencafe.com
- La Cocina, 10343 E County Hwy 30A, lacocina30a.com
- Peddler’s Pub, 10343 E County Hwy 30A, https://peddlerspub.business.site/
- George’s at Alys Beach, 30 Castle Harbour Dr, georgesatalysbeach.com
- Neat – alysbeach.com/dining/neat/
- Fonville Press – 147 West La Garza Lane alysbeach.com/dining/fonville
- The Big Chill – 7000 E County Hwy 30A, Watersound, FL https://thebigchill.com/
- Bruno’s Pizza – 6652 E County Hwy 30A, brunospizza30a.com
- Old Florida Fish House, 33 Heron’s Watch Way, oldfloridafishhouse.com
- Steamboat Grill, 4935 E County Hwy 30A, steamboatgrill30a.com
- The Perfect Pig, 4281 E County Hwy 30A #30A, theperfetpig.com
Seaside and Watercolor
- Airstream Row. Water bowls nearby for all thirsty pooches.
- Great Southern Café, 83 Central Square, thegreatsoutherncafe.com
- Amavida Coffee, 2236 E County Hwy 30A, amavida.com
- Bud & Alley’s, 2236 East Co Hwy 30A, budandalleys.com
- The Wine Bar, 1735 E County Hwy 30A, thewinebarfl.com/the-wine-bar-watercolor-on-30a
- Grayton Seafood Company – Bowls for water and dog treats available. 50 Uptown Grayton Cir #1, graytonseafood.com
- The Red Bar, 70 Hotz Ave, theredbar.com
- Chanticleer Eatery – 55 Clayton Ln, chanticleereatery.com
- AJ’s of Grayton Beach, 63 Defuniak St, ajsgrayton.com
- Chiringo, 63 Hotz Ave, chiringograyton.com
- Black Bear Bread Company –26 Logan Ln Unit G, blackbearbreadco.com
Blue Mountain Beach
- Goatfeather’s – 3865 W County Hwy 30A, goatfeathersseafood.com
- Johnny McTighe’s Irish Pub – 2298 W County Hwy 30A, johnnymctigheirishpub.com
- Cowgirl Kitchen – cowgirlkitchen.com
- Red Fish Taco – 2052 W County Hwy 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, redfishtaco.com
Santa Rosa Beach/Gulf Place
- The Perfect Pigwww.theperfectpig.com 7 Town Center Loop C11,
- Shunk Gulleyshunkgulley.com 1875 S Co Hwy 393,
- Pizza by the Seapizzabythesea.com 95 Laura Hamilton Blvd,
The 30A Beach Girls know how stressful it can be to leave or board our fur babies when we go on vacation. We have many homes that welcome pets so check out our website for pet friendly and pets considered homes. When searching our properties just select the “Pet Friendly” and “Pets Considered” filters. https://30a-beachgirls.com/ We look forward to hosting you and your pets.